General Terms And Conditions
1. Scope Of Services
- You shall provide the voluntary services as instructed and required by SAF, including but not limited to assisting artists, curators, managers, registration and managing festival visitors.
2.1 You hereby covenant that:
- You are resident of India and particulars given by you are correct and accurate.
- SAF/ Festival may request you to provide your identity proof and or other related documents (i.e. PAN, cancelled cheque), and on such a request by SAF/ Festival authorities , you shall immediately provide such documents;
- You shall not be considered to be an employee of SAF, and consequently, shall neither be entitled to, nor expect any present or future employment opportunity, salary, wages or any other benefits, other than those mentioned in this agreement, for the voluntary services so provided.
- SAF may introduce certain policies, procedures and/ or codes of conduct to organize Festival successfully, therefore, you agree to be bound by, and to comply with the same.
- You shall follow the supervision and direction of any personnel of SAF to whom you have been assigned & participate in any training required by SAF in order to perform the voluntary services.
- You shall be entitled to a per diem stipend for each completed day of voluntary service, as per the attendance register. The payment will be done only via bank transfer after completion of Festival.
- You hereby represent that you have not engaged in any criminal, illegal, unlawful or other activities in the past that may disparage or adversely affect the reputation of SAF.
- You shall: (i) inform SAF/your supervisor immediately when you cancel a scheduled volunteer shift; (ii) not engage in use and distribution of alcohol or drugs while on a shift or before a shift and shall not report for duty while under the influence of alcohol or drugs; (iii) show up on time and dress appropriately for scheduled events; (iv) act in the best interest of and for the successful accomplishment of Festival.
- You have to adhere to the reporting time & working hours as communicated to you by venue manager.
- You will be responsible for your travel to & from the assigned venue at your own expense & for accommodation arrangement during your working period of at the festival. SAF will not be responsible for management & arrangement of the above.
- Termination: SAF may, at their sole discretion, terminate this letter at any point in time. You can also resign from your volunteer service with the foundation at any time after giving a notice to your Manager 2 days in advance.
- Misconduct: You shall conduct yourself in a professional manner and your behavior shall always be respectful with any person attending or present at the Festival, your seniors, colleagues and SAF officials. You shall give proper respect to every individual and shall not do anything which shall amount to disrespect to them in any manner.
- Confidentiality: You may receive or may come across certain information related to Festival which is not in public domain and is confidential, whether or not marked confidential. This information is crucial to the success of Festival and hence you hereby undertake that it should not be disclosed at any point in time to any third party in any form and manner whatsoever, without the prior written consent of SAF.
- It is understood and confirmed by You that you shall adhere to the policy / norms / laws of State of Goa and India and in case, your conduct, actions or omissions do not adhere to the policy / norms / state laws / center laws, You shall assume complete responsibility for your conduct, actions or omissions and SAF or any of its personnel will not be held responsible for any consequence of any breach of any applicable laws, rules or regulations or rational conduct, including but not limited to hurting sentiments, and You will be expected to bear such consequences exclusively. You shall be expected to be the sole participant for any investigations or complaints that are triggered by your conduct, actions or omissions.; and
- If you are in breach of any provision of this engagement, you shall be liable to indemnify SAF for the costs, disputes or losses incurred by them as a result of aforesaid breach
- That all times during the SAF festival, your safety remains your sole responsibility, including your physical and emotional ability to participate in this event and any related activities a part of or incidental to the SAF festival.
- That You are aware of and voluntarily accept all potential risks associated with participating in the events and activities associated with the SAF Festival, even if arising from the negligence, gross negligence or negligent rescue by those associated in any way with the SAF events, You may be involved in the venues at which these events and programs takes place or by those organizing, officiating, or participating in these events and programs, including their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, volunteers and representatives
- Yourself, your heirs, administrators and assigns HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE and FOREVER DISCHARGE Serendipity Arts Foundation/Festival and all its associations/ respective agents/ officials/employees and assigns OF AND FROM ALL claims, demands, payments, actions, causes of action, damages, costs and expenses, in respect of death, injury, loss, claims or damage to your person or property HOWEVER CAUSED arising or to arise by reason of your participation in the said event AND NOTWITHSTANDING that same may have been contributed by the negligence of any of the aforesaid.
- You AGREE NOT TO SUE and FURTHER AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS SAF and any person in relation to the Foundation or the Festival and AGREE TO INDEMNIFY all the aforesaid from and against any and all liability incurred by and or all of them arising as a result or in any way connected to your participation in the said festival or your conduct, actions or omission, in relation with the Festival or at the Venue.
You will mandatorily attend the POSH (Prevention of Sexual Harassment at Workplace) session. You understand that this session/training will be held after the Induction in the same venue on the same date.
5. Governing Laws
This engagement shall be governed by the laws of India and any dispute shall be resolved through discussion and in a spirit of mutual harmony and good will. In the event, any dispute or difference arising out of this Agreement cannot be settled within 30 days of having arisen, the same shall be decided by arbitration of a sole arbitrator who shall be appointed the Foundation. The place of such arbitration will be New Delhi.
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND AGREE to the above AGREEMENT, RELEASE, WAIVER AND INDEMNITY